Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Jersey John - 1, South - 0

Hey folks! Jersey John back from a week away from Two Guys, One Mic and damn, was it interesting! Let's start by saying the south-eastern part of our great country is a giant wasteland.

I drove down to Florida for a wedding and literally spent a grand total of 32 hours in a car with some other crazy individuals but when I tell you there is nothing from mid-Virginia to Florida, that's the understatement of the century.

Other than complete nothingness, trees and crazy Jesus billboards, there were a grand total of 18 Waffle House(s) down I-95 and enough fireworks to sink Venezuela, so it wasn't a total loss. And if you're looking for variety in people, things to do, scenery, a hopping night life, big cities or anything remotely civilised, you may as well shoot yourself.

To make a long story short, I'm back in NJ alive, well and grateful for the homogeneous society that we have up here (and the all-around lack of confederate flags...fucking losers). So, unless you're in the military, openly racist, a Christian fundamentalist, love banjos, love cheap cigarettes or are old enough to be considered compostable you should probably stay north of the Mason Dixon line and write the South off as goners.


Damn its good to be home,

-Jersey John

No comments:

Post a Comment